Donnerstag, 23. August 2012

Da'Nandi eyes greatness

UP-and-coming artiste Andrique 'Da'Nandi' Wright is determined to be one of dancehall's greatest.

The 21-year-old deejay said he takes time to craft his songs to perfection with the hope to get that hit single that will propel him into the spotlight.

According to Da'Nandi, his journey began as a poet but later changed when he realised he could better voice his opinions through music.

"At first, I started out writing poems, because I'm not really an expressive person. But doing music, I found myself saying things that I would not normally say. So music is my voice for expressing myself," Da'Nandi told the Jamaica Observer.

Starting his musical career at age 15, he was introduced to Jamaica in 2007 at Reggae In the Valley stage show in St Elizabeth where he performed his first song, Tell Mi When.

Encouraged by the warm reception, Wright — signed to the Stewie Jamaica Production — went on to officially release the single in June 2011. It was followed up by his most recent Up In D Club. Both tracks were produced by Shawn 'Trigga' Murgasen on the Weapon X International Label.

The Jamaica College past student, who hails from Red Hills in St Andrew, regards Sizzla Kolonji and Vybz Kartel as his musical role models. He, however, describes his music as a reflection of himself.

"I sing about what I and persons around me experience, and things that I want to achieve in life," he said.

Cousin of reggae artiste Fantan Mojah, Da'Nandi is bent on making a name for himself and believes that his creative mind is what will take him through.

This summer, the deejay will be releasing seven singles from various labels both locally and overseas. This includes Stop Chat by Sugar Entertainment, Lyrical Gandi by Yard Link Label and Hunt Mi A Hunt by Solid Empire Production in the United Kingdom.

Wright is also set on doing a collaboration with UK rapper Oranje2000, a video for his single Up In D Club, and a medley entitled Multi-organism which is to be produced by Red Square & DJ Glamour Productions.

(from Jamaica Observer)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...