Samstag, 25. August 2012

DJs suit up for battle

An a battle among six of the island's top DJs is et to unfold this Saturday, August 25 at the Red Bull Thre3Style DJ competition at Club Riddim in New Kingston.

The event is expected to showcase the the skills of DJs as they vie for a chance to play against the world's best at the international Red Bull Thre3Style finals in Chicago this September.

DJ Sanjay explains his game plan for the competition. "My focus for Saturday is really 100% on the crowd and their vibe, it's all about them! I am coming with a dynamic musical expression full of my skills at a level my fans have not yet witnessed. The night is for them and that is how I plan to win."

While acknowledging that the crowd's favour will be crucial to deciding the winner, DJ Nicco is also confident of victory and is looking forward to being the one selected to share Jamaica's music with an international audience at the global finale. "I am extremely proud that we, as Jamaican DJs will get the chance to represent on an international stage. I will be scratching, mixing and styling my arms off, stepping outside the box and bringing in a foreign style that will transcend the crowd way beyond the walls of Club Riddim. I will be pushing hard and once the crowd loves it, it's mission accomplished."

The DJs also look forward to the positive energy that a competition like Red Bull Thre3Style brings to the entertainment industry. DJ Karim, for instance, notes that "I have been in DJ clashes and competitions before, and can see first-hand that competitions are more beneficial to all parties involved."

Meanwhile, DJ Richie D, who has never competed in an event of this nature, feels strongly that a clash is not of the same calibre as a competition. "Competitions show all of our mixing and turntable skills, musical knowledge and ability to 'hype' the crowd. I am very excited about my first opportunity to do this."

(from Jamaica Observer)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...