Sonntag, 5. August 2012

Snoop Dogg recording for “Reincarnated” Album

Snoop Dogg went through a spiritual awakening when he went to Jamaican earlier this year. The iconic West Coast gangster rapper visited the Rastafarian Nyabinghi headquarters on the island.
During a press conference at New York’s Jamaican restaurant Miss Lily’s, Snoop Dogg officially introduced his new name Snoop Lion, and his new reggae project Reincarnated.

The Reincarnated project will see the rapper working with Diplo of Major Lazer. The project includes a photo book, documentary, and a non-profit initiative called Mind Garden.

“This called me and it put all of that to rest,” Snoop Lion told reporters. “Anytime the spirit calls you, you gotta know that it’s serious and it’s real. When the spirit called me, it told me to find something that was connected towards the Bob Marley spirit. Because I’ve always said that I was Bob Marley reincarnated.”

“I’ve always wanted to perform for kids and my grandmother and people around the world who really love me that can’t really accept the music that I make. This reggae music is a music of love, happiness, and struggle. Now as a 40-year-old man in the music industry and the artists call me Uncle Snoop, I gotta give them something new,” Snoop Dogg added.

Snoop says he will return to rap one day, but for now Snoop Lion is Bob Marley reincarnated.
“I’m a wise man in the music industry, not that I’m never gonna ever do rap again because I’m gon’ always do what I love, but right now, I’m Snoop Lion and I’m having fun with this reggae movement, so hopefully you guys will enjoy it as well. Jah Rastafari.”


(from urbanislandz.com)

Read more about this topic:
Snoop does reggae track
Local artistes welcome Snoop Dogg to reggae/dancehall industry
Official Documentary Trailer Reincarnated (ft. Snoop Dogg) [Video]

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...