Donnerstag, 29. November 2012

Dezola wants to Pull It Up Again

SINGER/SONGWRITER Dezola aims to positively contribute to roots-rock reggae's legacy.

With his latest single, Pull It Up Again, he hopes to create a stir. Released this month, the track was produced by Gregory Stewart of GregFuzion Records.

"The single purely conveys the joy that one feels being in a festive mood when the DJ plays their favourite song. That's how I feel when I'm doing it, so I am sharing it with the people," Dezola told the Jamaica Observer.

Dezola, whose given name is O'Brian Bentley, is from Garveymeade in St Catherine. He said his love for music goes way back.

"I started writing very young as I was mostly alone. Being the humble person I am, that's where I found my joy. I, of course, then decided to put it in music about 10 years now," he said.

According to him, his music represents his individuality in a revolutionary way.

"Ownership of thoughts leads to ownership of self, so ultimately, I will be seen, heard, and felt in a different way from the typical-minded artistes," said Dezola.

He said his music is influenced by Lee Scratch Perry, The Wailers, Jacob Miller, Duane Stephenson and Junior Kelly.

"My aim is to keep contributing to the legacy of roots rock reggae music, and to let the fans know that they are more than just fans. They are my family and together we can sing our own songs, dance to our own music, shape our society, and rule our own destiny in a positive way," he said.

(from Jamaica Observer)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...