Montag, 5. November 2012

Mikki Ras eyes musical success

He is currently enjoying strong rotation with songs such as Nuh Worry and Crying to the System, but talented reggae artiste Mikki Ras knows he still has a long way to go to make it to the top of the pack.

Undaunted by the task at hand the Clarendon-born singer is working assiduously to achieve his goals.

Influenced by the music of artistes such as Bob Marley, Beres Hammond, Sizzla, Jah Cure, Emmanuel Stain, his father Gassa Pang and his uncle German Luga, he began honing his craft at the age of 13.

Like most artistes, he started out by entertaining his friends at school.

"The whole music thing started while I was attending Garvey Maceo High School. I used to just entertain my friends at first and I eventually began to perform on a number of school events and community events," said the artiste.

Mikki Ras has his eyes set on musical greatness and is determined to one day walk in the footsteps of one his musical idols, Beres Hammond, with whom he shares a very close relationship.

"Beres and I have a very good friendship he's like a musical father to me, he has taught me a lot. He is a true musical genius and a good person who is always willing to offer guidance. I know one day I will make it to the top of the music biz just like Mr Hammond. With hard work, dedication and the right attitude it's possible."

(from Jamaica Star)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...