Samstag, 15. September 2012

Don Christopher, Bertus break with 'Pray for mi Mama'

Florida-based reggae singer Don Christopher, has come a long way in the music biz since he recorded his first single at age 16 for Joseph Hookim at the legendary Channel One Studio in St Andrew.

The St Catherine-born singer recently scored his first number-one hit with a riveting uptempo reggae number, Pray for mi Mama, which was done in collaboration with budding dancehall artiste Bertus.

"The idea for this song came to me in a dream and I just had to record it. One night I had a very unusual dream and I woke up saying, 'pray for me mama', pray for me, and my wife said to me go back to bed. I guess she thought I was having a nightmare or losing my mind. From that night, I knew I had to write a song using those words.

According to Don Christopher, whose real name is Christopher Don Brown, the circumstances surrounding the song seemed mystic in many ways.

"When I went to the studio to record the song, I was vibing the song outside and Bertus heard it and asked me to do a collab with him. It's kinda sad, too, because the very next day Bertus found his mom dead, she passed in her sleep unfortunately," said Don Christopher.

Pray for mi Mama has placed both artistes in the spotlight. Since its release, the song, which is on the Gosh Productions imprint, has enjoyed much attention locally and overseas. It recently peaked at number 1 on the Jamaica Music countdown top 25 reggae singles chart, and is number 11 after 26 weeks.

(from Jamaica Star)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...