Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012

Edge Michael donates to children's home

Despite the harsh economic climate reggae musician Edge Michael continues to extend his reach through philanthropy with his recent donation to the Blossom Gardens Children Home in Montego Bay.

The singer/songwriter, who is also the nephew of famed music legend Peter Tosh, donated over $50,000 worth of food, toys and toiletries to the children's facility, something he indicated is in line with his mandate as a recording artiste.

"So often musicians in Jamaica are viewed as just entertainers and not necessarily seen as the ones who are willing to give back to the community that has helped to build them. Blossom Gardens Child Care Facility and I have a great relationship, so this is the least I can do to help them carry out their care for the kids," Edge said at the handover ceremony recently.

Edge Michael, whose real name is Oral Durloo, is known for hits such as Mi Nah Talk and his recent Killsome City, and explained that his intention is to continue his philanthropic drive to assist the home that houses 42 wards of the state.

"All children deserve to know that they are loved and appreciated and, if my small effort can make a difference, then it is something I'm willing to commit to. Music is my life and, as a father, I feel I have an obligation to ensure children are taken care of. I preach equal rights and justice in my music, so I have to live what I preach," the reggae singer outlined.

According to the Blossom Gardens Child Care Facility administrator Paola Genas-Brown, the donation will go a far way in assisting with the day-to-day care of the children.

"With all that is happening economically, it is a great joy to see that someone is still willing to give in spite of it all, and I am really happy to have teamed up with Edge Michael, who has been assisting us for the past two years," Genas-Brown revealed.

She further outlined that, "If other persons would just come on board and help us with these children, it would be so good, because we are here trying to mould their lives and to give them a happy and safe environment to take care of them holistically."

(from Jamaica Star)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...