Mittwoch, 19. September 2012

British artiste Dondeman takes aim at local market

United Kingdom (UK)-based singjay Dondeman plans to shake things up on the local music scene with his unique blend of Dancehall and Soca.

The talented Spanish Town native has been honing his craft for a number of years in England. Not limiting himself musically, he has explored several different genres of music including dancehall, soca, gospel, and pop.

"I've been doing my music for a good while now, and things have improved a lot since I moved to live in England. My music is doing well in England and in several other countries. Now I want to make my mark in Jamaica," said the artiste.

Impressive songs

To date, Dondeman who lists Bob Marley, Shabba Ranks, Mr Vegas, Sizzla, Capleton, and Barrington Levy as some of his musical influences, has compiled an impressive catalogue of songs.

He also released his debut album titled Tek It To Dem in 2008. The album was warmly received in the UK and placed him firmly in the minds of UK and European reggae /dancehall fans.

Since releasing the album, Dondeman has recorded and released a number of memorable singles that have earned him attention in other countries such as Antigua, Canada, and the United States.

Dondeman is currently promoting a number of new singles such as Iphone, featuring Kira Key; Bumper Fête; Wood Wood; and Di Gal Dem. All four tracks are currently enjoying strong rotation in Jamaica.

According to Dondeman, he is pushing these singles locally as he intends to make a name for himself on local soil in the not too distant future.

"I'm promoting these singles locally as much as possible because I want to make my name in Jamaica. That's one of my biggest goals right now. I'm confident that it won't be long before this goal is realised. I know I can do it. My music is good, and I have what it takes to make it on the Jamaican music scene," said the artiste confidently.

(from Jamaica Star)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...