Mittwoch, 19. September 2012

"I'm back" says Patra

After a long absence, Patra claims that she has returned to continue her work as the 'Queen of the Pack'. It has been more than five years since her latest recording and video, and Patra is adamant that she is back to stay.

The female artiste has been busy making the rounds promoting her newest single and video which features artiste Delus.

The song, Come Over, has been doing well both locally and internationally and also heralds her new album.

Having got her big break in the 1980s after a stellar Sting performance, Patra almost immediately tapped into the international market with a slew of hits, including Pull Up To My Bumper, Worker Man, Think About It and Yo Yo.

After dominating the airwaves, fans heard nothing from her for a while.

"I called it self-exile because I wasn't in control of my music and I wanted to be in control. So in order for me to do that, I had to tek whe myself in certain ways. I didn't know it would take this long, however, I was ready for however long it takes for me to be in control of my music like I am now," Patra told THE STAR.

Business minded

Since being away from the industry for a while, Patra stated that there are some evident changes both in her music and her personality."I'm more business minded and more calm. I'm also crazy of course. I'm more in control of my business, and I'm more business-oriented. I'm more driven to work harder and to help others," she said.

Patra's new album, Patra: The Continuation, is scheduled for a release date later this month. Although not divulging much, Patra believes this is her best work yet. She told THE STAR " My vocals are much more mature, everything I do is just different."

She went on to say that she is now focusing on re-establishing herself with her fans before taking on any more collabs or stage shows.

"Honestly, because I've been away for such a long period, trying to get back everything together, me writing a lot and can express myself more to my fans is the most important thing. I really don't have that in my mind but there are people who call me and who I will be working with and I think it's not the right time. I'm just gonna establish myself back to my fans right now," she said.

She was, however, quick to point out that Sting would be the only show she would consider at this time. "That's where I got my record deal. That's the only show I think I wanna do at this point, me love Sting," she said.

In the meantime, Patra is also working on other projects including a cookbook, her autobiography and a workout video.

"The Queen is here to stay and the ting ready fi di whole world," she said.

(from Jamaica Star)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...